The Qatar Academy Doha Parent teacher Association (QAD PTA) exists to advance the education and all-around development of QA students by:
• Extending relationships between Qatar Academy staff, parents, and others associated with the Academy.
• Engaging in financial and practical activities that support the Academy.
Parents and legal guardians of all Qatar Academy pupils and all Qatar Academy teachers are automatically members of the Association. All parents and teachers are encouraged to be involved with the PTA and to help with the activities.
Modawi Al Ansari - President
Ms Susan Cooper - Teacher PTA member
Ms. Katherine Gardner - Teacher PTA member
Mr. Daniel Thorpe - Teacher PTA member
Mr. Michael Sarmiento - PTA Member
PTA Roles and Responsibilities
• Support the school
• Foster the relationship parents and the school
• To establish a forum through which parents and teachers can share their opinions concerns and celebrations regarding the school
• To help plan and support school programs and events throughout the year
PTA will be working all through the academic year to fulfill their goals:
• Empower Cultural and Religious Identity
• Teacher appreciation
• International Week
• Health and Wellness
• Building Bridges between communities, faculty and parents
• Arabic language
• After school activities
• Monthly PTA parent meetings
• QAD instagram using social media to showcase events
The Qatar Academy Doha Akhbar is a weekly newsletter sent out to parents by school administration and staff. Parents are informed of special events, school assemblies, PTA meetings, and after school activities via the Akhbar.